Georgia Cyclone Re-Tracking
Six Flags over Georgia’s notoriously rough version of the Coney Island Cyclone is finally getting new topper track from Rocky Mountain Coasters. Similar to the treatment that the Texas Giant got last year except that Georgia Cyclone’s topper track will only cover about 30% of the ride. I’m guessing that they’ll re-track the roughest parts and leave the smoother parts as they were. They have already taken the old track off of the first drop and are currently inserting the Rocky Mountain topper track around the first turn.
- I remember the first drop and turn as being the roughest parts of the ride so I’m glad they are redoing this part.
- After the rave reviews that the New Texas Giant got last year, I’m exited that other parks are re-tracking their older woodies.
- Thanks to Theme Park Review for the pictures.
- What do you think? Which coaster do you think should get the next Iron Horse Treatment? Please comment. Thanks for reading! 🙂
- Georgia Cyclone (coasterguy.wordpress.com)
- The Top Coaster Makeovers (coasterguy.wordpress.com)
- Rocky Mountain Coasters and Their Iron Horses (coasterguy.wordpress.com)