Top 10 New Coasters for 2012
This is a list of my top 10 most anticipated new coasters for 2012.
10. Wodan Timbur Coaster at Europa Park
Even though the supposed name Mythos sounded cooler, Wodan Timbur Coaster still looks like it will be a fun coaster. Built by Great Coasters International, the ride will interact with many of the other rides in Europa Park. It will also be Europa Parks first wooden coaster.
Thanks to Coaster Community for the Wodan picture!
9. OzIris at Parc Asterix
OzIris is an inverted coaster with 5 inversions. Although it seems like a copy of Montu with its Egyptian theme, it still looks like one of the best inverted coasters to open up in years.
8. 4D Coaster at Din Watertown
4D Coaster will be China’s first 4th Dimension coaster. The world needs more 4th Dimension coasters and this one, at 250 feet tall and 80 miles per hour, looks like it will be the best so far.
7. Superman: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
The strangest coaster on the list, Superman will be a Premier launched coaster. You will blast up a vertical tower and twist 180 degrees. Next you will level off and slowly roll through a heartline roll at 150 feet in the air. Then you will drop and twist back down a non-inverting loop.
6. Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Verbolten is a family launched coaster. The ride will begin in a building where you are in a car driving through the Black Forest in Germany. There will be a unique drop (Here is a hint: Thirteen at Alton Towers).
- Thanks to Theme Park Review for the picture!
- 5. Shambhala at PortAventura Park
- Shambhala will be Europe’s tallest coaster when it opens this year. It is one of those awesome B&M hypercoasters that we all know and love. If what I’ve seen is correct, it will include a splashdown, two tunnels, and at least six airtime moments.